Saturday, September 26, 2015

Deadlock (FBI: Houston Book 3) By Diann Mills

Back of the Book

Two murders have rocked the city of Houston. Are they the work of a serial killer, or is a copycat trying to get away with murder?

That is the question facing Special Agent Bethany Sanchez, who is eager for her new assignment in violent crimes but anxious about meeting her new partner. Special Agent Thatcher Graves once arrested her brother, and he has a reputation for being a maverick. Plus, their investigative styles couldn’t be more opposite: he operates on instinct, while she goes by the book.

When hot leads soon fizzle out, their differences threaten to leave them deadlocked. But an attempt on their lives turns up the heat and brings them closer together, and a third victim might yield the clue that will help them zero in on a killer. This could be the case of their careers . . . if they can survive long enough to solve it.

My Thoughts

I have found you can never go wrong with a DiAnn Mills novel and this book is no exception.  Mills has a way of dropping you right in the middle of the action, but you never feel like you have missed anything. The back story on the characters seems to just mold into the story and add to the mystery of the plot.

Deadlock is a page turner and will be a hard one to put down or not think about.  Just as I thought I had it all figured out, bam!  I'm right back were I started with no idea who is good and who is bad.  Thatcher and Bethany make a great team, while they start out like water and oil, as the pot got stirred up they blended perfectly.

I would definitely recommend this book, and can't wait to see if I get more of the clues the second time around.  If you want to learn more about DiAnn Mills or see her other books check out her Webpage.

I was given this book free from Tydale Publishing for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment